New Jersey Republican Party Internship – Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2016
The New Jersey Republican State Committee is seeking dedicated and responsible interns to join our team. Internships are unpaid, volunteer positions intended to provide students with true on-the-job experience. The internship experience is designed to give students substantial exposure to practical, campaign-style politics on a local and state level.
Expectations and Job Description
Your experience as an intern can be as involved and rewarding as you want it to be. All interns will:
- Participate in building and organizing major events and fundraisers
- Assist staff in basic day-to-day office operations, including clerical tasks and errands
- Perform extensive research projects
- Have the option to participate in Voter ID and GOTV calls during the federal election cycle.
The NJGOP is looking for interns who display good judgment and pay close attention to detail. Interns should be able to work independently as well as part of a team. Other qualifications include:
- A comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- A strong interest in Republican politics and campaigns
Benefits of Being an Intern:
- Flexibility: Weekly hours and length of internship can be shaped around your schedule
- First-hand experience: Hands-on experience is the most effective way to learn the ins and outs of a campaign. You will interact with political and government staff from across the state and at all levels
- Relationship building: Whether it’s county chairmen or state legislators, being involved gives you more opportunity to meet and get to know local, county, and state-wide leaders and elected officials.
- Mobility: We all know that time and money are in limited supply when in college. If you cannot make the trip to the NJGOP office several times a week, we can help to arrange to have you help locally, at your county office.
- Opportunity: Hard work, dedication, and motivation are the traits that have put every Republican staffer in the position they hold today, and these talents do not go unnoticed. If you have the desire to advance in the political realm, being a dedicated and hard working intern will you give you a better opportunity to become a future staff member.
To be considered for an internship, please send resume to Theresa Vaccaro at email@example.com